|108 Stars Tengou Star|
Illustration Kawano Junko
Illustration Kaneda Eiji
Lepant (レパント, Repanto) is a character in Suikoden who makes an appearance in Suikoden II. He is a rich merchant who became the President of the Toran Republic.
Lepant was Kouan's wealthiest trader and some would credit the town's welfare to his good works. He was known to be well accomplished in both the literary and military arts and very much respected.
Initially during the Gate Rune War, Lepant refused to involve himself with the Toran Liberation Army, fearing the danger such cooperation would bring to his family. However, while Lepant gently rebuffed the rebel forces, Kraze Miles, the newly appointed military commander of Kouan, kidnapped Lepant's wife, Eileen. Furious, Lepant would fight through Kraze's guards, rescue his beloved wife and together they would join the Toran Liberation Army.
After the Gate Rune War, once McDohl had declined the position, Lepant was elected the first President of the Toran Republic. As President, he would throw himself into the role, working hard towards the nationwide reconstruction needed following the war. He would prove to be a popular president due to his hard work.
During the Dunan Unification War, he would give an audience to the leader of the New State Army. He would assign his son, Sheena, to the force as well as forming a declaration of friendship between the New State Army and the Toran Republic in order to thwart the ambitions of Luca Blight.
|Recruited automatically during plot events in Kouan.|
|1||Couple Attack w/ Eileen|
|2||Lepant Family Attack w/ Eileen, Sheena|
|Rune||No rune attached|
|Stat Growth Rate|
|Name||Type||Soldiers||Lead ATK||Sub ATK|
|Name||Kirinji||Kirinji 2||Kirinji 3|
|W Type||W Level||Element|
Genso Suikoden Card Stories
Suikoden artwork by Kawano Junko
Genso Suikoden Card Stories artwork by Kaneda Eiji
- Lepant is perhaps named after the town of Lepanto or the battle which took place there. On 7 October 1571, there was a large naval battle in the Gulf of Patras (Greece), near the town of Lepanto.
- Lepant passes his sword onto his son, Sheena, after taking on a more prominent government role.
- Lepant is the only returning character in Suikoden II who receives a portrait, but never joins your party or your convoy.
- Like McDohl, Lepant's ending in Suikoden was inexplicably changed in the English versions of Suikoden; in his Japanese ending, he becomes elected the first President of the Toran Republic, but the English version says that Lepant returns to Kouan to live in peace with his family.
- Genso Suikoden II 108 Stars Character Guide (ISBN 4-88317-769-6), page 235
- Genso Suikoden Encyclopaedia (ISBN 4-575-16297-3), page 317