|108 Stars Tenyu Star²|
Illustration Kawano Junko
Camille (カミーユ, Kamīyu) is a supporting character in Suikoden. A debt collector, Camille joined the Toran Liberation Army in order to keep an eye on her debtor, Gremio.
Camille is a debt collector whose dedicated pursuit of debtors and skill with her spear led her to be known as "Camille the She-Devil". Her spear was headed by a slightly thicker blade than normal. She would often boast of the debt collector's motto; "I'll collect from your grave!"
During the Gate Rune War, she was assigned to collect debts accumulated by Gremio, who had not had the opportunity to pay them off due to the exiling of the McDohl household from Gregminster. She was persuaded by Viktor to accompany the group to the Toran Lake Castle in the hopes of finding a treasure to repay the debt with. She joined the Toran Liberation Army in order to stick close to Gremio until she could collect what was due.
Following the death of Gremio, Camille stayed with the Liberation Army, her dedication to her job also serving as a dedication to her role in the Liberation Army. She would serve in the Soldier Beauties throughout the war.
After the formation of the Toran Republic, her talents with the spear were recognized and she was appointed the lancing instructor of the Republican Army. Cleo would eventually pay Gremio's debt, but it seems likely that if she had not, Camille would be compelled to continue her pursuit, even if she had to chase Gremio to the ends of the earth.
|Recruited automatically in Kaku before your first trip to the castle on Lake Toran.|
|1||Pretty Girl Attack w/ Kasumi, Tengaar|
|Stat Growth Rate|
|Name||Type||Soldiers||Lead ATK||Sub ATK|
|W Type||W Level||Element|
- If you choose to execute Milich Oppenheimer, Camille will undertake the role of executioner, out of vengeance for Gremio's death. Ironically, her vengeance will prevent Gremio from being resurrected... by making a complete game impossible.
- Camille's weapons (Garm, Fenrir, Loki) get their names from Norse mythology. Garm was the giant wolf that guarded Hel, Fenrir is another giant wolf who was actually the son of Loki, the Norse God of mischief. They are all interrelated because of the side they fight on during Ragnarök, the final battle that would end the world, according to Norse mythology.
- Camille is one of the very few characters whose castle dialogue will change following Gremio's death.
- Genso Suikoden Genso Shinsho Vol.2 (ISBN 4-88317-825-0), page 31
- Genso Suikoden Encyclopaedia (ISBN 4-575-16297-3), page 62
- Genso Suikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, pages 37-38, 39