|108 Stars Chiman Star|
Illustration Kawano Junko
Gen (ゲン, Gen) is a supporting character in Suikoden. A shipwright by trade, Gen invented a motorboat with the scientist Kamandol.
Gen was a masterful shipwright who lived in the city of Teien; with a strong enquiring mind and a great deal of pride in his work. He was a neighbor of Kamandol and although the two constantly bickered and acted like they couldn't stand the sight of one another, in truth, the two were kindred spirits.
During the Gate Rune War, Gen was approached by the Toran Liberation Army to build a boat that could traverse the Rapids of Dunan. Gen, with the aid of Kamandol, was able to put such a craft together and would join the Liberation Army soon after. During the war, he would serve as a commander in the Carpenters unit. Later in the war, he would create a further enhanced ship, capable of great speeds.
Following the conclusion of the Gate Rune War, Gen returned to Teien to continue his line of work.
|Recruited automatically in Teien during events in the Gouran region.|
|Protects||This character does not protect anyone|
|Protected By||This character is not protected by anyone|
|1||Carpenter Attack w/ Sansuke|
|2||Stuck With You Attack w/ Kamandol|
|Body||Martial Arts Robe|
|Rune||No rune attached|
|Stat Growth Rate|
|Name||Type||Soldiers||Lead ATK||Sub ATK|
|Name||Light Steel||Regular Steel||Heavy Steel|
|W Type||W Level||Element|
Genso Suikoden Card Stories
- Gen wields his favorite work saw in combat and is pretty dangerous as he has ensured the sawteeth are sharpened for maximum efficiency both in his work and in battle.
- The names Gen bring up when struggling to remember Premier L'Amour include Plummy Lamar, Prommy Lamb, and Pramyam Lobby.
- In the English version of Suikoden, when Gen visited Kamandol, Kamandol offers him his finest tea but in the Japanese version, Kamandol offers him sake.
- Genso Suikoden Encyclopaedia (ISBN 4-575-16297-3), page 99
- Genso Suikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, pages 52, 54