|108 Stars Chizen Star¹|
Illustration Kawano Junko
|Birth Year||SY 345|
Crowley (クロウリー, Kurourī) is a character in Suikoden. He is a mysterious and supremely powerful magician.
Crowley was a figure shrouded in mystery, known for his age and formidable power. Referred to as "great and ancient" in ancient texts, he was also credited as the discoverer of rune unites.
Throughout his life, Crowley pursued an ambitious goal—to attain power equal to or surpassing that of the 27 True Runes. To achieve this, he dedicated his days to extensive research and rigorous training in ordinary rune magic, honing his skills in pursuit of his aspirations. He claimed to have a staggering 100 runes embedded in his body, a feat that set him apart from ordinary rune users.
At a certain point in his life, Crowley took Mazus as his disciple, a noteworthy event given Mazus's own prowess in magic. The two would eventually have a falling out and engaged in an epic battle, with their magical prowess being so immense that it reportedly leveled three mountains and brought forth a week-long rain. Additionally, there are claims that Piccolo served as the third disciple under Crowley's tutelage.
During the Gate Rune War, Crowley was discovered conducting his research and training within the Cave of the Past at Qlon Temple. Despite expressing surprise at the discovery, he willingly joined the ranks of the Toran Liberation Army when asked, stating a desire to enjoy the sunshine.
While he undoubtedly contributed to the Liberation Army's cause, it is said that he only utilized a fraction of his immense power on the battlefield, leaving observers awestruck by the glimpse of his true capabilities. He would spend his time in Toran Castle's basement, preferring the darkness and perhaps musing on his magic research.
After the conclusion of the Gate Rune War, Crowley returned to the seclusion of the caverns, showing a disinterest in world affairs. Mazus, who participated in the Dunan Unification War three years later, sought a duel with his former master, but whether the encounter took place remains unknown.
|Talk to Crowley in a hidden passage within the Cave of the Past located at the back of Qlon Temple once your castle is at level 4 (90+ Stars recruited).|
|Protects||This character does not protect anyone|
|Protected By||This character is not protected by anyone|
|1||None w/ This character has no Unite attack|
|Stat Growth Rate|
|Name||Type||Soldiers||Lead ATK||Sub ATK|
|Children of the Runes||Magic||50||20||5|
|Name||Comet Rod||Meteor Rod||Cosmo Rod|
|W Type||W Level||Element|
Genso Suikoden Card Stories TCG
|237||Crowley||Free||Booster Pack Vol.2|
|Non-character cards depicting this character|
|256||Magic Combat||Mission||Booster Pack Vol.2|
|CS2-620/R256||Magic Combat||Mission||Remake Booster|
- All three of Crowley's weapons have a celestial quality in their naming: Comet Rod, Meteor Rod, Cosmo Rod. The same is true for his disciple Mazus.
- Crowley is named after the real-life British mystic, Aleister Crowley.
- In Suikoden V, the player can find an Old Book which is about rune unites. Its author claims he discovered them during his research. If Crowley is indeed the discoverer of rune unites, he most likely is the author of the book. If that was true, then he did not know about the unite of Dawn Rune and Twilight Rune. Alternatively, the book could have been authored by someone else who discovered rune unites independently from Crowley.
- If what Piccolo says is true and he is Crowley's third disciple, then Crowley must have mentored at least one additional, yet unknown magician.
Other languages and releases
|Chinese simplified (HDR)||克劳利|
|Chinese traditional (HDR)||克勞利|
|Chinese pinyin||Kè láo lì|
- Genso Suikoden Encyclopaedia (ISBN 4-575-16297-3), pages 92-3
- Genso Suikoden 108 Stars Character Guide (ISBN 4-7753-0050-4), page 60
- Genso Suikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, pages 48, 55, 149