|108 Stars Chirei Star|
Illustration Kawano Junko
Liukan (リュウカン, Ryuukan) is a supporting character in Suikoden who makes a cameo in Suikoden II. He is considered to be the finest physician in all of the Toran Republic.
Liukan is a famous doctor purported to be so old that even he himself does not know his age. It was said that any ailment could be cured if you took the medicine he prescribed.
However, he could not cure the pessimism in his heart that led to him abandoning civilization and secluding himself in his hermitage deep in the mountains, despairing about the troubled times he lived in.
During the Gate Rune War, he was captured by Milich Oppenheimer and imprisoned in Soniere Prison in order to prevent him for developing an antitoxin to his poisonous Antoinette. Liukan awoke to his duties once again after being rescued by the Toran Liberation Army.
In particular, he was able to neutralize the effects of Milich's poison fog and would later work to cure the dragons when they fell into a deep sleep. He would also fight in battle, using the walking stick that he normally used for balance to strike his foes.
Following the war, he opened up a clinic where he worked to save many lives. Although once more treating patients, Liukan still lived an isolated life, rarely venturing down from the mountains.
During the Dunan Unification War, Liukan was able to treat Ko in Gregminster after the boy was attacked and poisoned by a monster in the Banner Pass.
|Recruited automatically at Toran Castle following plot events at Soniere Prison.|
|Protects||This character does not protect anyone|
|Protected By||This character is not protected by anyone|
|1||Flash Attack w/ Fukien, Kai|
|Rune||No rune attached|
|Stat Growth Rate|
|Name||Type||Soldiers||Lead ATK||Sub ATK|
|Name||Stick||Oak Stick||Ebony Stick|
|W Type||W Level||Element|
- Liukan is sometimes referred to as the "Holy Doctor."
- Liukan's weapon upgrades as Stick, Oak Stick, and Ebony Stick. Both of these types of wood have medicinal uses - Oak bark has been used by herbalists for years as an astringent, and the leaves and other parts of the trees of the ebony family were traditionally used to treat intestinal parasites, wounds, dysentery, and fever.
- Genso Suikoden II 108 Stars Character Guide (ISBN 4-88317-769-6), page 235
- Genso Suikoden Encyclopaedia (ISBN 4-575-16297-3), page 304
- Genso Suikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, page 73