ハイ・ヨー, Hai Yō
|108 Stars Chizou Star|
Illustration Ishikawa Fumi
Hai Yo (ハイ・ヨー, Hai Yō), titled Hai Yo of Seiryu (セイリュウのハイ・ヨー, Seiryuu no Hai Yō, Blue Dragon Hai Yo), is a character in Suikoden II. Hai Yo is a talented cook who worked for the New State Army while on the run from the Black Dragon Group.
Hai Yo was a cheerful, masterful chef who was a member of the Black Dragon Group. He had joined the group when it was still an excellent place for training in the culinary arts. His personal speciality was fried eggs.
He would appear suddenly at the New State Army Headquarters during the Dunan Unification War, offering to open a restaurant at the castle for the New State Army. This was his attempt to hide himself from agents of the Group. He presented him as a bright and cheerful chef but this hid his anxiety and fear of being found.
He would come to be challenged in a series of cook-offs which, though innocuous as first, increased with intensity and danger as the Black Dragon Group located him and sent their agents to recover the Moon Bird Recipe.
Finally, Hai Yo defeated Jinkai in a final cook-off and tore up the recipe, stating that recipes alone were not the key to truly great cuisine. He would continue to serve the New State Army for the rest of the war before returning to Black Dragon Island to put flowers on Shun Min's grave and tell her that the fight was finally over.
Following the war, he re-established contact with Bashok, who had challenged him on behalf of the Black Dragon Group, and wrote to Huan on his behalf, helping to save the life of Bashok's daughter, Mamie with medicinal dishes prepared under Huan's direction.
|When your castle is at Level 2 or higher, head to the outdoors area of your headquarters' second floor and agree to Hai Yo's offer.|
|Protects||This character does not protect anyone|
|Protected By||This character is not protected by anyone|
|1||' w/ This character has no Unite attack|
|Rune||No rune attached|
|Right Hand||Level 1|
|Left Hand||Level 40|
|Stat Growth Rate|
|Name||Wok||Dragon Wok||Blue Dragon Wok|
|W Type||W Level||Range|
Genso Suikoden Card Stories TCG
- Hai Yo has two endings, depending on whether or not the player completes the cook-off minigame. If you do not defeat Jinkai, Hai Yo will flee at the end of the game, continuing his life on the run from the Black Dragon Group.
- The order of Hai Yo's opponents is: Yu Kum, Goetsu, Shiki, Ryuki, Bashok, Ryuko, Antonio, Gyokuran, Retso (forced loss), Lester, Retso, and Jinkai. Of these, Yu Kum and Goetsu are traveling chefs with no affiliation to the Black Dragon Group. Antonio and Lester make cameos in order to test/help their friend. Everyone else is of the Group.
- Genso Suikoden II 108 Stars Character Guide (ISBN 4-88317-769-6), page 163
- Genso Suikoden Encyclopaedia (ISBN 4-575-16297-3), pages 209-10
- Genso Suikoden Genso Shinsho Vol.14 (ISBN 4-7753-0217-5), page 9
- Genso Suikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, pages 193, 233