オーギュスタン・ナボール, Ōgyusutan Nabōru
|108 Stars Chichin Star|
Illustration Ishikawa Fumi
Illustration Fujita Kaori
Augustine Nabor (オーギュスタン・ナボール, Ōgyusutan Nabōru) is a supporting character in Suikoden III. He is an aristocrat who bears the Red Rose Rune and prizes his Rose Brooch.
Augustine is a person from the former Scarlet Moon Empire who loves nobility as well as elegance of beauty. Six years ago, Augustine was also a recipient of a Rose Brooch, an award at Vincent de Boule's beauty contest and the two became "true friends". He had then set out on a journey of sorts, giving the world the privilege of witnessing his stylish swordplay and attention-grabbing outfit.
During the War of the Champions, Augustine joined the Fire Bringer after they recovered the prized Rose Brooch he had misplaced during his travels. His elegant and artistic sword skills lent themselves well to the cause, as did his Red Rose Rune. He was very proud of his appearance and had a slight obsession with removing split ends. Augustine was also very fond of the suggestion box, writing several letters to the Flame Champion offering his fashion advice, invites for afternoon, or asking opinions on flowers to be delivered to the castle.
Following the war, Augustine would travel to the Toran Republic after hearing rumors of a beautiful palace there.
|Speak to Augustine at the docks in Vinay del Zexay. This triggers the appearance of the Rose Brooch at the Iksay Village item shop's Rare Items list. Purchase it and return it to him.|
|Ease to Anger||Difficult|
|Battle AI||Attack-minded warrior|
|1||' w/ This character has no Unite attack|
|Rune||No rune attached|
|Right Hand||Red Rose Rune|
|Left Hand||Level 44|
|Free Skill Slots||Locked Skill Slots|
|This character has 3 open skill slots.||This character has 3 locked skill slots.|
|Pale Gate Magic||—||—||—||—|
|Sword of Magic||—||—||B||B+|
|Stat Growth Rate|
|Leader||Support||War Skill 1||War Skill 2|
|W Type||W Level||Range|
|Theme of Narcissism ~Once Again~|
- Main article: The Narcissists
Augustine's theme is the song "Theme of Narcissism ~Once Again~". It is song 16 on disc 1 of the official Genso Suikoden III Original Soundtrack.
Suikoden III artwork by Ishikawa Fumi
Genso Suikoden Card Stories artwork by Fujita Kaori
- Considering he is already a "true friend" of Vincent de Boule and hails from the Scarlet Moon Empire, one would think he already visited the Toran Republic. His ending, however, implies he has never been there before. His ending might be a reference to the home of Milich Oppenheimer in Gregminster.
- Augustine can reach S level in his unique Parry skill.
- Augustine shows questionable taste in his letter about Kenji having some sort of skill that he too must pursue.
- Augustine is the first user of the Red Rose Rune in the chronology of released titles, however, in the in-game chronology, he is the last known user.
- Genso Suikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, page 287