False Chronicles (偽書, Gisho) are a major item and plot element in Suikoden Tierkreis and are all mentioned in Genso Suikoden Tierkreis Hoshikuzu no Shiro. They are objects that hold the entire history of their world, past, present and future.
"False Chronicle" is the term used by the Order of the One True Way to refer to any Chronicles that appear in the world through the process of world fusion.
False Chronicles have great power themselves, even if the world they serve as a record of no longer exists. Readers can gleam knowledge and visions from them. As such, False Chronicles have formed the basis of technological and magical research in many countries, including the Magedom of Janam, the United Kingdom of Ritterschild and the Kingdom of Astrasia.
These False Chronicles can also be used to influence and write upon a True Chronicle. The Order's Archivists would gather False Chronicles in order to use them to trigger further world fusions, in order to summon the One King and bring about the Perpetual Day.
False Chronicles also contained the Mark of the Stars, which could be granted to individuals as Starbearers, or artificially extracted and implanted in people. False Chronicles could also be implanted whole inside people, usually turning them into powerful monsters.
List of False Chronicles
- Chronicle of the Ancient Covenant
- Chronicle of Boundless Amber
- Chronicle of the Cerulean Flux
- Chronicle of Endless Travels
- Chronicle of Fierce Regalia
- Chronicle of the Furious Roar
- Chronicle of Noble Steel
- Chronicle of the Peaceful End
- Chronicle of Resonant Horror
- Chronicle of the Sacred Twin Blades
- Chronicle of the Shining Legacy
- Chronicle of the Tatau Council
- Genso Suikoden Tierkreis Hoshikuzu no Shiro
- Genso Suikoden Tierkreis Official Illustrations & Art Works (ISBN 978-4-86155-247-2), pages 262-271